Monday, July 12, 2004

Taking a rest

Have you ever had something important to say only to find that you can't find the right words? I've been trying to come up with an eloquent way of putting this but I haven't come up with anything so I'm just going to say it.

I'm giving Clear Blue Skies a rest.

There. I've said it, now. That wasn't so hard, was it?

I said, two weeks ago, that I was cutting back a bit. That I would still be posting, if more erratically than before. Well, I simply can't do it. Not being able to post every day is putting pressure on me to post when I can and I don't like that. It's not as if I don't have any content - I had planned to be currently filling my backblog with my exploits as I travelled from New Orleans to San Francisco at this time five years ago. That, and the imminent saga of me having to relearn how to drive, would have have given me enough material to last through most of the summer.

No, to cut a long story short, I'm not enjoying it any more. What I do manage to write, I don't like, but I can't get myself to write anything better. It's starting to depress me so I'm going to stop.

I'm not going to get rid of Clear Blue Skies completely - I may find that I want to start writing again in a few months. Ever the optimist, eh? And there's no way I'm going to quit blogland altogether. I will still be reading (and commenting on) a few of the blogs I really enjoy.

But, for now at least, I'm going to shelve the ideas I've got for future blogevents, put my never-ending quest for MBWLA points on hold and let my first blogday pass unnoticed.

Starting now, Dave is officially on hiatus. See you around.

No comments: