Friday, October 31, 2008

What the...?

Why is it that when you leave the country for a few days, something totally unexpected happens back home? I'm currently staying with friends in Paris and learn that not only has it been snowing a home in late October (and we turned the heating off completely when we came away!) but that a completely avoidable crisis has hit the BBC.

Now, I'll admit that I don't know the full story and I haven't had the chance to read up on it so I'm not going to say anything about the prank itself. I think the bigger questions revolve around how the show was ever aired without the offending parts edited out. How is it that no one was sacked for gross negligence or something similar? The BBC has not come out of this looking terribly good. And I'm usually a supporter of the corporation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr BW said exactly the same about editing and production. From what I've seen, the media seem to have missed that point somewhere...

But, I fear it was a spell not quite strong enough that caused the BBC problem. I can't bear the pair of them and have been trying to get rid of them for ages. No-one is worth £18 million of licence fee payers money over 3 years. No-one.

Hope you're enjoying Paris.