Friday, April 08, 2005

Here we go

Okay, then. This is it. L is now in labour (at least, we think so - neither of us have been through it before so we can't really be sure). She has been having regular twinges for over twenty-four hours now, and in the last few they seem to have become real contractions. The question now is whether or not we'll get a decent night's sleep tonight.

Either way, it won't be long now (compared to the last nine months, that is) until our baby makes its appearance and our lives change forever. It's getting very exciting.

While I'm off, feel free to amuse yourselves in the comments box trying to guess the name(s) we have picked and the weight the baby will be.

A couple of hints: The girl's name is in the first half of the alphabet and is reasonably popular and the boy's name is the opposite of that. As for weight, I was nine and a half pounds when I was born. L was more than that and (apparently) babies tend to follow their mothers, weight-wise.

I'll be back in a few days with news and maybe even a picture.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try and get a bit of sleep under my belt...

No comments: