Thursday, January 29, 2009

Maybe this year?

I'm getting more than a little excited by the way the temperature is forecasted to head downhill over the weekend. Apparently the south east is going to be hit by (possibly heavy) snow storms on Monday and Tuesday. Now, I like snow and everything that comes with it but if this had been last week I wouldn't have been looking forward to it anywhere near as much.

You see, Tuesday is my birthday and, as I've mentioned before, there hasn't been snow on my birthday, despite it falling in the depths of winter, for something over twenty years. And I've already got the day off work so I'll really be able to enjoy it, assuming that the weather gods don't conspire against me and make it snow on Monday and Wednesday, with an unexpectedly balmy respite in between.

Here's hoping...

No comments: