Saturday, August 30, 2003

On Writing

One of my reasons for creating this blog is to make me a better writer. There's a book inside of me wanting to get out but at the moment I don't feel I could do it justice. Numbers have always been my strength and words my major weakness, probably because my logical, mathematical mind has problems dealing with the imprecise nature of language. Very often I struggle to find the right words for what I want to say; even though it sounds perfect in my head, out loud or written down it just isn't right.

If I'm going to pen that book then it's clear to me that I need to improve my writing and the best way I know to do that is simply to write more. If I write regularly enough and at some length then I should find it becomes easier to transfer my thoughts from my head to the page (or screen).

With that in mind, over the next week or two I'm going to write a series of longer articles that try to set out my feelings on various subjects including religion and the supernatural. If you would like me to write about anything in particular then leave a comment. It can be serious or light-hearted, thought-provoking or trivial, I don't mind. The more challenging the better.

No comments: