Monday, May 03, 2004

Unrest

Many people in our little corner of Blogland have been making note of how things have been changing recently. It seems there has been a lot of unrest among our local bloggers and one or two serious thoughts about giving the whole thing up.

I have to say, I didn't think I'd noticed any of it at all. I read posts about it but couldn't see the symptoms they described at all. I certainly hadn't changed. I was beginning to think that paranoia was breaking out around here.

Then, last week, I realised something. Someone (I think it was Harriet) celebrating their blogday thanked everyone for visiting, including all the lurkers who never comment. It struck me then that I don't comment anywhere near as much as I used to, even in reply to those of you kind enough to leave your thoughts on Clear Blue Skies.

Wow, it appears that my attitude to blogging has changed after all. Thinking about it, I know that part of it at least is because I have less spare time at work and connecting from home has been more difficult since we moved. But I think it would also be fair to say that I have been gradually drawing in on myself and becoming a little insular when it comes to blogging. I've been reading all over the place but have been reluctant to comment.

I don't really understand why I've been doing that. After all, being able to leave comments on what other people write is probably what got me into writing CBS in the first place and I don't think that has changed. So what has?

I have to confess I don't know. But admitting the problem is half the battle and I'm not going to rest on my laurels while I try and work it out. So, if your blog is one I regularly lurk on you may find the odd comment or two with my name on them turning up soon.

No comments: