Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Aaarrgh!

I've got tons of work to do. Most of it was needed yesterday or last week, the rest by the end of the month and I'm probably going to be out of the office for two weeks before then. The last thing I need is to have to fix a problem in a system designed by a guy who works in a different subsidiary of the company, is generally unhelpful because it's nothing to do with him any more and is on holiday for two weeks. There's no documentation on how it all works and I have very little working knowledge. If he'd told me on Thursday when I last talked to him that he was going away then I would have moved heaven and earth to get it sorted by the end of last week, but no. Now I've got to flounder around and see if I can fix it without any real idea of what I'm doing. While the rest of my work just piles up beside me.

And I'm developing a major headache. It is not a good day.

No comments: