Monday, September 08, 2003

It's a Conspiracy!

Who needs to make up conspiract theories about 9/11 (oh, how I hate calling it that) and the Iraq War when former government ministers will do it for you.

While I can't say I believe everything he wrote, there are many interesting questions raised that I hadn't been aware of before. Like the amount of intelligence passed on to American agencies in the run up to the WTC attacks that was seemingly not acted upon. Or the lack of fighter planes alongside the hijacked planes when normal procedure is to scramble and accompany if an airliner veers to far from it's published course. If all this is just a ploy to ensure an adequate supply of oil for the US and its allies then I wonder how much of it can be achieved b Bush in the next five years (assuming he is re-elected next year) and whether his successor would carry it on.

Also, this bit, about the document produced by the PNAC (Project for the New American Century) in September 2000, raised an eyebrow:

"The document also calls for the creation of "US space forces" to dominate space, and the total control of cyberspace to prevent "enemies" using the internet against the US."

Ignoring, for now, the question of how they would gain "total control of cyberspace", what would that mean to us bloggers who are not averse to speaking out against America's actions, especially those of us who use US hosting services?

Note: I'm not trying to scaremonger; I don't believe this new form of imperialism will happen but I am interested in what it would mean if it did.

No comments: