Friday, December 05, 2003

Christmas Bits

There have been several posts recently in this area of blogland about people that decorate the outside of their houses with thousands of lights and inflatable santas and how nasty and cheap it all is. I've got to say that under normal circumstances I wholeheartedly agree with those sentiments. Then I saw a news item on Breakfast this morning about Leonard Road in Stourbridge where every house is lit up like that and I have to say that it looked beautiful. The difference between this and your normal brash display is that they raise thousands of pounds for charity in the process. Now that's a good reason for doing it, isn't it?

----

One of the things I like most about Christmas is all the quizzes that seem to appear. There always seem to be a few printed question sheets lying around from the local primary school or church or something. There is one quiz I look forward to getting every year, the hardest one I know. We got our copy of this year's yesterday and it's a corker. Will I be sending in an entry? It's far too early to tell that.

No comments: