Thursday, December 18, 2003

Cry for help

Dear Dave

I've been writing a blog for almost 4 months now and everything was going great for a while but things have been going downhill recently. First of all, I set myself a writing challenge throughout November that I feel was probably a mistake. Then, a week or so after that had ended, I got ill and didn't feel like writing anything. Now I'm just feeling very uninspired and I'm finding it really difficult to write about anything at all. I don't want to give up blogging as I've still got a lot of ideas that I think could be really good but I just don't know what I can do to get me over this slump in form.

Please help,

Dave




Dear Dave,

Sometimes finding inspiration is not easy, especially if you don't have a lot of time to devote to searching for it. My suggestion is that you should relax for a while. Stop trying to find things to write about. Let them come to you instead. If you have something to write about then blog it, otherwise leave it alone. Maybe a break until after Christmas will do you the world of good.

Yours,

Dave

No comments: