Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Moving In

Today is my last day in the office until March, which is a very pleasant thought indeed. At least, it's pleasant until the thought turns to all the physical labour I'll be doing instead.

We're finally moving into the house on Saturday so there are a few busy days ahead. Tomorrow should see off the remainder of the packing (barring the few essentials we'll need before the weekend) and Thursday and Friday will be spent in the new house cleaning, painting, stripping (wallpaper) and taking deliveries of appliances. Then there's the back-breaking work of moving everything in (we're doing it ourselves with help from friends and family) and unpacking. Plus, of course the cleaning that needs to be done in the flat before we hand the keys back and any other little diy jobs that need doing.

I tell you, I'm going to need a holiday after this.

The phone has been connected this morning (supposedly) so I will have internet access but I think the chances of me having enough spare energy to move my fingers across a keyboard are rather slim so there probably won't be many posts over the next week or so.

Please amuse yourselves while I'm gone and I'll come round to see you all when I can.

No comments: