Monday, November 10, 2003

No 15.


And far from flying high in clear blue skies
I’m spiralling down to the hole in the ground where I hide

Song: The Final Cut
Album: The Final Cut


Sometimes even an optimist like myself takes a bit of a nosedive into depression. I don't always see it coming - sometimes it seems like one minute I'm fine and the next I'm inexplicably feeling down. When that happens I can usually put it down to being tired or having had a bad day at work and I know I'll be out of it almost as quickly as I went in.

Every now and then, however, I can feel myself heading slowly downwards and know there's nothing I can do about it. Very often when this happens I'll come down with a heavy cold or something a few days later but sometimes it just can't be pinned on anything in particular.

Normally, I'm a very stable person so I never get very depressed. I just wallow around in the shallow waters of despair where others would take a dive into the depths. Conversely I also rarely get ecstatically happy, preferring instead to occupy a position of general contentment most of the time.

So I know when I'm heading into depression that I'm not going to be there for very long and that my optimistic nature will reassert itself soon enough.

No comments: