Monday, November 03, 2003

No 3.


The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime.

Song: Free Four
Album: Obscured By Clouds


This was the lyric that inspired this project. Whereas many of Pink Floyd's lyrics are obscure and seem meaningless, especially the very early material, this sounds like a wise old saying and has long caused me to think. Hence the inspiration for this post.

So, what deeds would you like to remember in your old age? Something daring and adventurous, perhaps? Or something more kind and gentle?

I don't think that I've done very much so far that I would count as a memorable deed, good or bad, though I have provided emotional support to various friends when they most needed it, which I think they found invaluable at the time. However, I've got a long way to go before I reach old age so there's plenty of time, yet.

I want to run the London Marathon and raise awareness of (and find solutions for!) the problems of the world but I think the deeds I would most like to look back on in forty years or more are to do with raising a happy, close family and providing all I can for them. Soppy, really.

No comments: