Friday, November 14, 2003

No 21.


She’s often inclined to borrow somebody’s dreams
Until tomorrow

Song: See Emily Play
Single


What dreams do you have for the future? Are they different now to what they were when you were younger?

I didn’t really have much in the way of ambitions when I was a kid. I do remember at one point wanting to be a professional snooker player and I also wanted to play the saxophone really well but neither really came to much. I started to play the clarinet, with a view to switching to the saxophone later but when, after a couple of years of that, I still couldn’t read music properly and the lessons were just boring me, I gave it up.

These days my dreams are much more down to earth. Invariably they involve having a nice house out in the country and raising a happy, close family. Dull and boring really. The only other dream I have is of writing a book.

I have the kernel of a story in my mind and every now and then I toss it about a bit to see what happens. All I need is the time to sit down and write it and the confidence that I can actually do it justice. That’s one of the reasons for writing this blog; to gain some experience of stringing words together in an interesting manner. Thankfully I have some ideas that might help me to do that.

No comments: