Wednesday, November 26, 2003

No 36.


Out of the front door I go
Traffic's moving rather slow
Arriving late, there she waits
Looking very angry, as cross as she can be.

Song: Paint Box
Single


I'm a very punctual person – I just can't stand being late for anything – and that, coupled with the rather small number of dates I have actually been on, means that I have never been late when meeting a girl.

I have, however, been made to wait (though never stood up). Once a girl I was meeting for a drink one afternoon was so late that I left the pub we were meeting in and went to my usual pub instead (this was during my year in Germany, when I spent a lot of time in just one pub – I'll save that for another time). She eventually turned up there and explained everything. There was a very good reason, though I can't remember it now, which I was absolutely fine with once I knew but I had still felt angry and let down for a couple of hours. Not a nice feeling at all.

Have you ever been kept waiting or been late for a date? How did you feel and what did you do about it?

No comments: