Monday, November 24, 2003

No 32.


A butterfly with broken wings
Is falling by your side
The ravens all are closing in
There's nowhere you can hide

Song: Cymbaline
Album: More


Have you ever been blamed for the destruction of something beautiful? Your mother's favourite vase, perhaps, or a precious photograph. Maybe even a friendship or relationship? Was it your fault? How did you feel?

The work that I am doing at the moment has the potential to be beautiful. It's only an IT system but if I do everything right, then it will be. Its beauty would be in its apparent simplicity, a mask that seamlessly hides the hellish complexity behind it. If it works correctly then it will be the best single piece of work I have ever done.

If it all falls apart then I hope everyone will realise that I've done my best and won't lay the blame at my feet.

No comments: