Tuesday, November 04, 2003

No 5.


Doctor Doctor I'm in bed
Doctor Doctor aching head

Song: Take Up Thy Stethoscope & Walk
Album: Piper At The Gates Of Dawn


Not sure about the aching head but my back is certainly killing me after my sardine-like journey into work this morning. Bloody trains.

That's not what I was going to say, though. I wanted to talk about how infrequently I'm ill enough need to see a doctor.

I get colds several times a year (in fact I think I'm coming down with one at the moment - if so I'm probably only at Stage 2) and there's always a touch of hayfever in the summer but I rarely get anything worthy of a day off work, let alone a trip to the doctor. In fact, if I wanted to see my doctor I'd need to go all the way to Manchester because I haven't registered with one since I graduated over four years ago! I just don't get that sick.

And before anyone says it, I'm not the sort of man who turns into a lump at the first sign of a sniffle, either. I foolishly battle onwards when instead I could be milking it for all it's worth. I'll drag myself into work rather than spend the day at home because I don't believe I'm ill enough to warrant a sick day, unless I feel truly awful.

I wish I knew the secret to my general healthyness - I could make a fortune if I did.

No comments: