Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Current Affairs

When I first thought about writing a blog, one of the things I wanted to do was set out my views on whatever was happening in the news. However, I've never really done that, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, as a result of the Iraq war and the Dr Kelly affair I was becoming less interested in current affairs anyway and stopped forming opinions on it. Secondly, I was having trouble translating those opinions from the vague thoughts and ideas in my head into words on the screen and so I didn't do it.

I'm going to try and change that over the next few days or weeks. If I ever want to take thoughts out of my head and put them in a book then I need the practice and besides, I think I should be more aware of what's going on in the world than I have been of late. So, starting tomorrow, I'm going to write some topical posts and see if I really can write what I think.

No comments: