Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Scrappy

I can't really think of anything much to say today. My mind is all taken up with problems at work and my inspiration and creativity (such little as I have) are running in that direction. So, instead of anything well thought out, I offer you a few random bits and pieces.

The packing did get underway over the weekend and we're right on track. One thing I'd forgotten was the number of empty boxes that we'd shoved up in the loft when we moved in. There seem to be more now than back then. Maybe they've been multiplying.

Also at the weekend, we went shopping for furniture and appliances. Wardrobes, drawers, cooker, fridge, freezer, washing machine etc. It's amazing how easy it can be to spend large amounts of money without really thinking about it, isn't it?

I've made up my mind about the tuition fees vote this evening. I've decided to go with the personal gratification of Blair losing the vote rather than seeing a policy I actually believe in get passed. Does that make me shallow?

Is everyone prepared for the impending cold weather? Hats, scarves, gloves and thermal underwear all laid out on the bed ready for going to work tomorrow? Be ready to wade through drifts up to knee height on the way to the station tomorrow. That's drifts of grit thrown down overnight by the local council because they're panicking after having got it so wrong twelve months ago, of course. What? You were expecting snow? Not likely.

No comments: