Monday, January 19, 2004

Laughter Free Zone

I don't know about you but the first thing I look at on a Monday morning when I've not been on the internet all weekend is the Make Blue Witch Laugh Award for the previous week. Often with a little hope, I read through the nominations to see whether my name appears anywhere in it. It even has a couple of times, though I'm always just the support act; the straight man who sets up the laugh for the real comedians.

If you take a look at the MBWLA score sheet, you will see my name on it, with a single point against it. That point has been there, all on it's own, for months now, making it seem like I actually managed to Make Blue Witch Laugh, once upon a time. But even that's not true. I was given it just for being helpful. Is it too much to hope for another, properly gained point to keep it company through the long winter nights?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in this for the mhoney so the points aren't that important to me. Really it's the glory I want. The chance to display the trophy here for a week. All I need to do is write something that will Make Blue Witch Laugh. Sounds simple doesn't it?

Now, though, there's an extra incentive. BW is going on holiday next week so the winner of this week's competition will get to keep the trophy for three whole weeks. Three weeks! Even someone as useless with web design as me should be able to work out how to display it in that time. Just. The only problem, of course, is the 'Ronseal' nature of the award - to win you have to Make Blue Witch Laugh and I just don't seem to do funny very well on this blog. Not laugh out loud funny anyway.

Maybe if I make myself sound pathetic enough she'll give it to me out of sympathy?

No? Oh well. ;-)

No comments: